Courtesy of Clean Eating Magazine. For more superfood recipes, visit cleaneating.com.
- 2 1-oz slices all-natural turkey bacon (no added nitrites or nitrates), chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and shredded (about 2 cups shredded)
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper, plus additional, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large eggs, such as Eggland’s Best
1. Mist a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add bacon and onion to skillet and sauté for 4 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add potato, salt, and black pepper and sauté, about 7–8 minutes, until potato is cooked through. Stir in cilantro; divide between 2 plates.
2. Reduce heat to medium and mist same skillet with cooking spray. Crack eggs onto separate sides of skillet and cook until set (or flip over, if preferred). Place 1 egg over each serving of hash. Sprinkle egg with additional pepper, to taste.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 188
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 359 mg