High in filling, healthy fats and low in carbs, these delicious treats hit the sweet spot. Boost their detoxifying power by adding a kick of cayenne or nutrient-dense Blue Majik (an algae supplement), plus walnuts for a crunchy texture and a healthy dose of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil in liquid form
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or
- 20 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp E3Live Blue Majik or spirulina (algae supplement, optional)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed raw walnuts (optional)
- In a blender, add oil, cacao powder, almond butter, maple syrup, salt, and Blue Majik and cayenne, if desired, and blast on high speed until well combined, 10–20 seconds. Transfer chocolate mixture to a liquid measuring cup and stir in walnuts, if desired. Pour mixture into small silicone candy molds or tiny paper baking cups set out on a tray. Chill in freezer until solidified, 20–30 minutes.
- Gently release chocolates from molds and transfer to a container with a lid. Store in fridge or freezer for up to three weeks, and serve chilled to avoid melting.
Recipes reprinted from THE PERFECT BLEND: 100 Blender Recipes to Energize and Revitalize Copyright © 2016 by Tess Masters Photographs copyright © 2016 by Anson Smart Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC.