Meditation Teacher Training
The Subtle Arts of Yoga
Meditation, Yoga Nidra, the art Pranayama and Mantra cultivates a quality of attention, curiosity and wonder that can transform a yoga practice and your life.
In this course you will learn the wisdom and skills to guide your student’s awareness through the 'koshas', or the layers of one's being from gross to subtle. These layers of our being have an innate ability to find a healthy balance and harmony. However our modern lives can disconnect our awareness from these natural instincts, creating blockages to natural health and wellbeing.
Helping to guide your students in a natural, life-affirming approach to meditation and yoga Nidra is a wonderful gift, whether you aim to teach meditation as part of an asana class, or in dedicated meditation sessions.
Highlights of the course include:
- Learn the language and presence to guide meditation instinctively and effortlessly.
- Explore timeless meditation practices from the yoga tradition.
- Learn the science behind how and why these meditation practices work.
- Deepen your experience of the flow of prana through classical and evolutionary breath practices and kriyas, and the skills to teach them to your students.
- Discover mantra as a tool of thought to bring harmony and focus to the mind.
- History of Yoga Nidra, and the State vs. the Means
- Essential steps for entering the state of yoga Nidra, pranayama for yoga Nidra
- Power of Sankalpa
- Learn the secrets to create the space for a truly relaxing and restorative savasana.
July 5-7, 2019 & July 12-14, 2019
This course will be held at Pilates & Yoga Styles Studio, Level 1, 151 Pakington Street, Geelong
Bring a yoga mat, notebook and pen, and an open heart and mind!
This training is open to those with a 200hr yoga teacher training qualification.
This training forms part of Pilates&Yoga Styles Sadhana Yoga 200, 300 and 500-hour teacher training pathways through Yoga Alliance. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50 hour certificate for this course.
Please note that this course is 90% face to face. There will be some homework reading or assignments at the end of each day. Practical assessment for certification will be completed on the final day of the course.
Full payment is required at the time of booking
Cancellation & withdrawal from course
Course fee includes $150 non-refundable administration fee in the event of withdrawal from course. No refund for cancellations within 14 days of course commencing. Credit can be applied towards any teacher training module within 2 years.
95% attendance is required for a teacher training certificate to be awarded. Students who miss more than 5% of the contact hours may request private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions (costs are $120-$150/hour). This course is competency-based, which means there is no pass or fail.
$850 by June 7th
$900 after June 7th
Tuition must be paid in full for each module to receive the discounted rate.