Matwork Level I Part Time Course
If you’re ready to take the next step.
If you’re ready to take the next step our upcoming part time Matwork Level I Course is held at the Pilates & Yoga Styles studio in Geelong and offers a comprehensive training program.
The course is fully accredited with Fitness Australia, 15 CEC’s. Our programs meet the PMA’s criteria for inclusion in the Registry of Schools. Graduates who complete this course will be qualified to teach Matwork Pilates to personal clients and to group classes.
Who is it For?
The course is designed to educate and certify personal trainers, wellness professionals, group fitness instructors and yoga teachers who wish to expand their professional experience, knowledge and qualifications. This training is also great for students of Pilates who wish to gain more knowledge about the foundations of Pilates.
At the Conclusion of the Course.
You’ll be able to teach Matwork classes in a range of different environments – from individual clients to large classes, covering a range of levels, from beginner to intermediate.
You’ll learn how to take a large group class safely and provide different levels of challenge.
You’ll learn how to program your Matwork classes for athletes and advanced clients.
Over the 2 weekends, practical and lecture sessions will include the following:
- History of Pilates
- Common postural deviations
- 15 foundation or warm up exercises
- 30 basic Matwork exercises
- Space and environment requirements
- Injury prevention
- Special populations
You’ll be inspired by our team of Pilates professionals, who highly experienced, qualified, dedicated and passionate about supporting you on your professional and personal journey.
You’ll be inspired by lead teacher Linda Newman, the founder of Pilates & Yoga Styles, who has been teaching for more than 28 years in the UK, Asia, and Australia. Linda is passionate about supporting your professional and personal journey.
Upon completing this course you will be equipped to practice safely and teach others in a range of diverse settings. All graduates are offered support on their teaching journey. We guarantee you will leave us with a wealth of knowledge and a smile on your face.
Program Fees & Dates
- All training including pre and post course support
- Teacher training manual
Available Weekends in 2018:
Weekend 1: 24 – 25 February 2018
Weekend 2: 3 – 4 March 2018
A $300 non-refundable deposit is due on acceptance to the course.
- Secure your place now, email your enrolment form and pay $300 deposit (non refundable) or full fee.
- All bookings must be paid in full 4 weeks before start date, however we can still take bookings right up to the start date.
- We offer internet banking and credit card facilities.
- For cancellations more than 4 weeks prior course commencement, all fees will be refunded less the $300 non-refundable deposit.
- For cancellations within 4 weeks of commencement date, a 50% cancellation fee applies.
- For cancellations within 2 weeks of commencement dates, no refund will be given.
Knowledge of anatomy is essential to becoming a great Pilates instructor. If you don’t currently have the equivalent anatomy knowledge of a Certificate III or IV in fitness, or similar, we will be able to offer you advice and support prior to the course commencing.
A minimum of 95% attendance is required for certificate to be awarded.
Students who miss more than the 95% of the contact hours may request private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions (costs are $100-$120/hour)
This course is competency-based, which means there is no pass or fail. Students may submit there final assessment until they are deemed to be competent.