Matwork Level II Part Time Course
If you’re ready to take the next step.
Take your Matwork instructing to a new level in this course you will learn more than 30 exercises that will add a huge variety to your class including some challenging, advanced exercises.
If you’re ready to take the next step our upcoming Matwork Level II Course is held at the Pilates & Yoga Styles studio in Geelong VIC and offers a Comprehensive Teacher Training Program.
Perfect for taking dancers, athletes, and clients who are strong and advanced. Our course focuses on ensuring you are confident to instruct each exercise, we focus on teaching you how to teach the advanced repertoire.
Our programs meet the PMA’s criteria for inclusion in the Registry of Schools. Graduates who complete this course will be qualified to teach Matwork Pilates to personal clients and to group classes.
Who is it For?
Anyone currently teaching Matwork who’d like to include some advanced and challenging exercises to really progress your clients and help them achieve the best results possible. This course is open to graduates from other schools with a current Mat Pilates Level 1 certificate.
At the Conclusion of the Course.
- You’ll be able to teach Matwork Classes in a range of different environments – from individual clients to large classes, covering a range of levels, from beginner to intermediate.
- You’ll learn how to take a large group class safely and provide different levels of challenge.
- You’ll learn how to program your Matwork classes for athletes and advanced clients.
You’ll be inspired by lead teacher Linda Newman, the founder of Pilates & Yoga Styles, who has been teaching for more than 30 years in the UK, Asia, and Australia. Linda is passionate about supporting your professional and personal journey.
Dates & Times
The 2018 dates TBA.
- All training including pre and post course support
- Teacher training manual
11am-1pm – Practice, theory and teaching
1pm-2pm – Lunch
2pm-3:30pm – Teaching practice
3:30pm-4pm – Break
4pm-6pm – Teaching practice
8am-10am – Practice, theory, teaching
10am-11:15am – Brunch
11:15am-1:30pm – Teaching practice
1:30pm-2pm – Break
2pm-4pm – Teaching practice
You’ll be inspired by our team of Pilates professionals, who highly experienced, qualified, dedicated and passionate about supporting you on your professional and personal journey.
A $200 non-refundable deposit is due on acceptance to the course.
- Secure your place now, email your enrolment form and pay $200 deposit (non refundable) or full fee.
- All bookings must be paid in full 4 weeks before start date, however we can still take bookings right up to the start date.
- We offer internet banking and credit card facilities.
- For cancellations more than 4 weeks prior course commencement, all fees will be refunded less the $300 non-refundable deposit.
- For cancellations within 4 weeks of commencement date, a 50% cancellation fee applies.
- For cancellations within 2 weeks of commencement dates, no refund will be given.
Knowledge of anatomy is essential to becoming a great Pilates instructor. If you don’t currently have the equivalent anatomy knowledge of a Certificate III or IV in fitness, or similar, we will be able to offer you advice and support prior to the course commencing.
A minimum of 95% attendance is required for certificate to be awarded.
Students who miss more than the 95% of the contact hours may request private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions (costs are $100-$120/hour)
This course is competency-based, which means there is no pass or fail. Students may submit there final assessment until they are deemed to be competent.
This course meets the PMA’s criteria for inclusion in the Registry of Schools.
Upon completing this course you will be equipped to practice safely and teach others in a range of diverse settings. All graduates are offered support on their teaching journey. We guarantee you will leave us with a wealth of knowledge and a smile on your face.
Location & Registration
Teacher Training will be held at Pilates & Yoga Styles Studio
How to proceed with registration?
Refunds are given only if cancellation is received 90 days prior to the course start date that the applicant has applied to. The deposit is non-refundable.
Tuition payments made prior to the course start will be refunded if cancellation meets the above requirements. Any tuition paid is NOT refundable once the course has begun. A Non Refundable Deposit of $500 is due with registration to reserve your spot.