Alignment, Assisting & Anatomy
Clear Seeing, Assisting & Activating
This in-depth journey into finding the anatomical and energetic intelligence in your students bodies will give you the knowledge and skills to use hands-on enhancements and assists to help students refine their understanding and practice of yoga asanas.
A skilful hands-on assist is an exceptional teaching tool, and can be transformational and empowering for your students.
A good foundation in Anatomy is essential for yoga teachers to keep students safe, prevent injuries and deal with common anatomical and physiological issues that can often present in yoga classes. We'll move towards a deeper understanding of the human body through the structural alignment of the musculoskeletal system and the effect of yoga practice on the body.
What you'll learn
- Energetic and structural alignment - understand movements of energy through the body and how the key actions of any asana are enhanced by this knowledge.
- How to see people’s bodies rather than just poses - techniques of observation so you know who, when and how to assist.
- How to cultivate trust and connection - techniques to connect to a student prior to offering a hands-on assist.
- The principles of assisting and adjusting - how to be clear about your intention, and adjust with clarity and purpose.
- How to practice and teach experienced-level arm balances and inversions
- Anatomy geared specifically towards injury prevention
This course will be held at Pilates & Yoga Styles Studio, Level 1, 151 Pakington Street, Geelong
Bring a yoga mat, notebook and pen, and an open heart and mind!
This training is open to those with a 200hr yoga teacher training qualification.
This training forms part of Pilates&Yoga Styles Sadhana Yoga 200, 300 and 500-hour teacher training pathways through Yoga Alliance. Participants who have already completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training will receive a 50 hour certificate for this course.
Please note that this course is 90% face to face. There will be some homework reading or assignments at the end of each day. Practical assessment for certification will be completed on the final day of the course.
Full payment is required at the time of booking
Cancellation & withdrawal from course
Course fee includes $150 non-refundable administration fee in the event of withdrawal from course. No refund for cancellations within 14 days of course commencing. Credit can be applied towards any teacher training module within 2 years.
95% attendance is required for a teacher training certificate to be awarded. Students who miss more than 5% of the contact hours may request private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions (costs are $120-$150/hour). This course is competency-based, which means there is no pass or fail.
$900 per module
$850 if you sign up with Early Bird
Tuition must be paid in full for each module to receive the discounted rate.