200 Hour Part Time Course
The yoga taught is not another 'style' of yoga but has roots based on a system of classical Hatha-Raja Yoga, taught in a traditional style of Vinyasa flow, inspired by the teachings of Sri Dharma Mittra. A spiritual practice with a focus on the Eight Limbs of Yoga (Patanjalis Ashtanga Yoga) with great emphasis placed on Yama and Niyama. A spiritual practice that leads to good health, a clear mind and a kind heart
Discover for yourself the true essence of yoga through asana, pranayama (breath work) deep relaxation, meditation, discussion, personal inquiry, contribution, hands-on coaching, assisting and practice teaching.
Concrete results and outcomes you will gain from this program:
- A powerful personal practice and deeper understanding of your body
- Mastering physically and through teaching the Sadhana 1 vinyasa and Sadhana Gentle sequences
- Physical and energetic alignment and benefits of yoga asana
- Anatomy & Physiology of yoga, as well as the energetic of yoga
- Alignment, sequencing, and hands on adjusts
- The philosophy of yoga, and how to live yoga off your mat
- Effective communication & presentation skills
Program requirements and expectations:
- 180 + contact classroom hours
- 40 + non-contact hours
- Non-contact hours include time outside/in-between each scheduled weekend and include practice teaching sessions, reading and writing assignments yoga practice, meditation and group assignments and activities.
Required Reading List:
- Key Muscles of Yoga Vol 1 by Ray Long
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Alistair Shearer (pocket version)
- The Bhagavad Gita, by Swami Nikhilananda (pocket version)
- Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
Suggested Reading List:
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda of the Bihar School of Yoga
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T K V Desikachar
- The Living Gita by Sri Swami Satchidananda
Modules will be comprised of the following:
- Asana (physical yoga practice)
- History & Philosophy of Yoga
- Teaching practice
- Anatomy & Physiology
Dates & Times
February 28-29 & March 1
Friday | 6 - 7.30pm
Saturday | 7am - 6pm
Sunday | 7am - 3.45pm
* We endeavour to keep the schedule dates as planned but we keep the reserved rights to change the dates if circumstances occur. We will inform all attendees of any changes in dates in advance, if changes occur.
You’ll be inspired by our team of yoga professionals, who highly experienced, qualified, dedicated and passionate about supporting you on your professional and personal journey.
Linda Newman, founder of Pilates & Yoga Styles, and Yoga Alliance ERYT-500 hr accreditation, and YACEP,has more than 30 years teaching experience. Linda is a student of A. G. Mohan, acknowledged by the late Sri Krishnamacharya as his successor, and legendary yoga master, Sri Dharma Mittra. Linda teaches with enthusiasm and humour that seamlessly brings together Ancient Teaching and Modern Living.
Dylan Frusher – Philosophy, Meditation and registered yoga teacher. Dylan has been involved in the study and practice of yoga and meditation for more than twenty years. He was ordained as a monk in India but today is an independent practitioner.
Dipika Delmenico-Voss - Ayurvedic Medicine Practitioner, Anthroposophic Naturopath, Presenter and #1 Best Selling Author
Anthony Newman - Yoga Alliance RYT – 200 hr accreditation
Tony Timonowicz - Yoga Alliance RYT – 500 hr accreditation
$3,300 Full Price
A $500 non-refundable deposit is due on acceptance to the course.
For cancellations more than 4 weeks prior course commencement, all fees will be refunded less the $500 non-refundable deposit.
For cancellations within 4 weeks of commencement date, a 50% cancellation fee applies.
For cancellations within 2 weeks of commencement dates, no refund will be given.
A minimum of 95% attendance is required for certificate to be awarded.
Students who miss more than the 95% of the contact hours may request private tuition at their own cost to make up any missed sessions (costs are $100-$120/hour)
This course is competency-based, which means there is no pass or fail. Students may submit there final assessment until they are deemed to be competent.