Yin Yoga Training with Hang & Sarah, Part 1
Feb 16th, 11:00 AM ~ 5:00 PM
This two-day training is designed for both dedicated yoga practitioners and yoga teachers to deepen their Yin yoga practice and knowledge. The training explores Yin anatomy, sequencing, safety in postures, an introduction to meridian theory, and mindfulness.
Saturday, February 16 & 23, 2019 from 11am-5pm
Pilates & Yoga Styles, 151 Pakington St, Geelong West
Investment $300 AUD
REGISTER HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/nkmLkM3EHMMffj3A2
Yin yoga is much more than holding the poses for long periods, it's about revealing our true nature and understanding the energetic pathways of the body (meridians).
The long-held postures of Yin yoga provide a welcome contrast to the more modern Western world dynamic Yang dominated practices. Yin creates the space to activate the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest) and the longer holds work to unwind the body’s deeper layers of fascia and joints.
- Encourages us to slow down and cultivates stillness to get to know ourselves.
- Explores the philosophies of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the internal energetic pathways, known as meridians or nadis, that carry Qi/Prana or life force.
- Creates the conditions to release deeply held tension in the body and mind.
- Yin Yoga: Theory and Practice
- Background and lineage of Yin Yoga
- Yin Asana: method of instruction, benefits, cautions & modifications of Yin Yoga poses
- Physiology: Anatomy & Biomechanics of Yin Yoga
- Physical and mental benefits of Yin Yoga
- Energetic Anatomy: Chakras & Meridian Theory and how they apply to Yin Yoga
- Practical Application: Basic Yin poses and how to create sequences based on meridian energy channels
- Bringing mindfulness into the Yin Yoga practice
- Training certificate
- Comprehensive course manual
WHO CAN ATTEND THIS TRAINING?
- Yoga practitioners at all levels who'd like to deepen their yin yoga knowledge and practice.
- Yoga teachers.
- We will accommodate and differentiate for all levels of practitioners.
This training counts towards 12 hours of Continued Education with Yoga Alliance.
Kindly sign up early to reserve your spot.